Information Following Crown or Bridge Procedures in Houston, TX
Periodontal Treatment by Mills Dental Group
Mills Dental Group provides the perfect solution when you have a damaged or missing tooth. We offer dental bridges and dental crowns to Houston, TX patients. A dental crown is best when a tooth is damaged or fractured, while a bride is best when a patient has a missing tooth. We have over 45 years of experience helping patients through crown or bridge treatment. We’ll provide you post-op crown or bridge treatment advice as well to help you maintain the integrity of the durable product. Our team of dental professionals ensures the most comfortable possible experience during your procedure. Contact our team today to schedule a consultation.
Replacing One Or More Missing Teeth
When a permanent tooth is lost, the other teeth in your mouth slowly move to fill the empty space. This can cause alignment problems and issues eating, so a dental bridge is the best possible solution. A bridge is simply a row of crowns that easily attach to the two nearest teeth, filling the space and restoring your bite. One of the best things about a bridge is it can also securely attach to the jawbone with dental implants.
What Is the Difference Between A Bridge and A Crown?
Dental crowns easily cover a damaged or chipped tooth. They can even be used to cover an implant. A dental crown is made of porcelain or ceramic and is basically a false tooth. It’s custom-made with the color and texture of your existing teeth. Dental bridges fill gaps between two teeth, acting as a false tooth. Bridges are made of porcelain and fused to metal. Both a bridge and a crown restore the look of your mouth and help the structural integrity of your teeth and smile.
What Is the Cost of Dental Bridges in Houston?
The cost of dental bridges in Houston varies depending on several factors, including the number of teeth getting replaced and the complexity of the procedure. On average, dental bridges cost about $2500 and $8000. If a patient is missing three or more teeth, dental bridges as usually the best option. Dental implants are generally the next step with a higher price tag of about $3,000 a tooth. If you can use a dental bridge, the cost is usually around $3,000 for about three teeth. We offer payment plans to help with your dental bridge treatment costs. Many dental insurance plans also cover the costs of dental bridges.
Following Crown or Bridge Treatment
We offer education and information following your crown or bridge procedure, including:
- Following the first appointment for a crown or bridge procedure, a temporary is usually placed on the tooth or teeth involved. This will protect them while the custom restoration is being made.
- Temporary crowns are composed of a composite material that may feel a little rough, and the shade may not be exact. Your final restoration will be shaped and shaded better than the temporary to match your other teeth in both color and function.
- The use of temporary cement is for easy removal on your next appointment. Don’t floss your temporary as this may cause it to dislodge. If your temporary comes off between appointments, slip it back on and call us for an appointment.
- Many crowns fit below the gum line. Therefore, you may experience some discomfort for a few days due to the irritation of that area during the procedures. Sensitivity to cold or pressure is also possible.
- After the final cementation of your fixed restoration, it may take a few days to get used to the new crown or bridge. If you feel the bite is not correctly balanced, be sure and call for an appointment for a simple adjustment.
- Proper brushing and flossing are recommended to help you retain your final restoration. The only area that a crowned tooth can decay is at the edge of the crown at the gum line.
After the procedure, your diet should be soft foods. Try to avoid hard or chewy foods. After the numbing goes away, you can resume diet as usual.
Quality Care from Our Quality Team
We stand out in the dental world as an established and respected team of oral healthcare workers.
Dr. J. Tracy Mills DMD has perfected smiles for over 45 years and takes pride in helping his patients maximize their oral health. We know dental anxiety is common, so we offer sedation dentistry. We’re able to provide top-notch care with our experience, advanced diagnostic tools, treatment technologies, and sedation dentistry techniques.
Schedule Your Dental Crown or Bridge Consultation
We’ll help you from the beginning at your consultation for a dental crown or bridge to the end with education to help you alleviate pain and maximize results at home following your procedure. We understand any dental procedure can be scary, so we always offer sedation dentistry to calm your nerves. A dental crown or bridge is a procedure we’ve been doing for over 45 years, so there’s nothing we haven’t seen. You’re in great hands with our experienced oral healthcare team. Contact us today for a consultation!