Invisalign Treatment in Houston, TX
Teeth that are crooked or unevenly spaced can lead to a number of oral health problems and cause patients to feel self-conscious when meeting new people, or even simply smiling. Many individuals are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth, but don’t want to endure the pain or embarrassment that is so often associated with traditional braces. For these patients, Mills Dental Group is proud to offer Invisalign®, an invisible way to straighten your teeth. This cosmetic dentistry treatment can help you achieve an aligned smile, yet no one will know you’re wearing it. Learn more about this revolutionary treatment below and contact Mills Dental Group today at 281-556-1606 to schedule a consultation.
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a set of clear, plastic aligners that are worn for two weeks at a time to gradually shift the teeth into their optimal position. Invisalign® can be used to correct a number of aesthetic and functional issues, including uneven spacing, overcrowding, over-bites and under-bites. Invisalign® trays are worn on a daily basis, but are removed to eat, drink, and care for the teeth. Some of the benefits of Invisalign® include:
- They’re invisible. No one will know you are receiving orthodontic treatment
- Fewer dental appointments needed. Invisalign® doesn’t require tightening or adjustments like traditional braces, so you can spend less time in the dental office.
- It’s comfortable. Unlike braces which are made of painful metal wires and can cause mouth sores, Invisalign® is made of a durable plastic and is custom fit for your mouth.
- Easier Cleaning. Patients who wear traditional braces often find it difficult to clean between wires and brackets. The fact that Invisalign® trays are removable means that you can maintain your regular oral hygiene habits.
- No Food Restrictions. When using Invisalign®, you can enjoy all of the great foods you always have without fear of them getting stuck between brackets or wires.
The dentists of Mills Dental Group understand that many patients are put off by the stigma of traditional braces and are therefore proud to offer an amazing alternative orthodontic treatment: Invisalign. During a consultation, your dentist performs a full smile analysis, evaluating the structures of the mouth to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign®. If you suffer from severe jaw misalignment, other orthodontic treatments may be best for you. If you are an Invisalign® candidate, the dentist will take several impressions of the teeth and 3D image technology is used by Invisalign to get a clear picture of the structures of the mouth. The Invisalign® lab then creates aligners specifically for you. During a second appointment, you will receive the aligners and the dentist will address any questions or concerns you may have.
Each Invisalign® aligner is worn for about two weeks, before a new tray is used. These trays work to gradually shift the teeth toward an attractive and healthy position. It is important to wear the trays at all times (except when eating, drinking and brushing) to promote optimal results. On average, Houston / Katy Invisalign® patients achieve their orthodontic dentistry goals in 9-15 months.
Schedule an Appointment with Mills Dental Group Today
Mills Dental Group always makes patient comfort a top priority. The dentists are proud to offer Invisalign® as a comfortable, safe and effective way for patients to get the attractive smile they’ve always wanted. To learn more about this treatment or other treatment options such as the Six Month Smiles system, contact our practice today at 281-556-1606 to schedule a consultation.